The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1177 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/08
This was very unique and creative for the topic, and I loved seeing and hearing the various decade music and fashion. Love the message at the end. We always grow up and think we can do it better than our own mother, don't we? Excellent piece!
10/25/08
Delight is JUST the right word for this. Love how it comes full circle, and for the little bits of each decade that you worked into the piece. Truly enjoyed this.
10/26/08
Great piece. I liked how things ended up where they began. ;-)
10/26/08
This was perfect! Oh boy. And I love the descriptions of the different decades! I knew every one of them:)
Excellent! It was fun moving through and reliving each decade with all of your wonderful details, including the various musical modes and artists. The ending is just perfect.
You had me smiling with this. I love how you spanned the decades with the little details. The olive green refrigerator, and the music changing. A well written, enjoyable piece.
Your details for each decade are superb. I loved following the family as they matured, and the tradition continued.
Three generations, several decades, an American historical glimpse, and family tradition in 750 words! Kudos.
Beautiful interweaving of the lives from decade to decade, smooth flow, and natural dialogue. Delightfully entertaining. :)
10/29/08
Enjoyed your piece! The dialogue and kids were SO real.
10/29/08
This is a very creatively told story. I liked the mention of songs from the different decads. "Tennessee Christmas" was one of my favorites. :) Your ending was great. :)
10/30/08
Delightful! I liked the transition the girls went through over the decades. Thanks for this. It was fun to read.
I'm smiling now. I love how your story came full circle. This was a delight. Well done.
10/30/08
I liked it....though I wish Carol hadn't kicked the girls out after they dropped the eggs. LOL But I know the story....my mom always kicked us out of the kitchen. Nice work, and the music part was a great touch!
This was a fun story.

At first I was confused when the girls ended up making cookies with the mother after she had kicked them out of the kitchen years earlier. Then when I got to the part about the slice and bake dough, it all made sense. I also liked how you started each decade with a different song and music technology to accompany it.
Abslutely delightful and written by someone who obviously knows how life really goes. You set the stage of each decade perfectly. I smiled through the whole story. Loved the title and everything about this piece. Excellent.
11/03/08
Cute glimpse of a family growing and changing through the decades, with an amusing ending that just goes to show things can sometimes come full circle.