The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1827 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/08
Happy, bouncy rhythm. I can just picture Aunt Doris strutting in. Fun.
06/14/08
What a fun reunion with all the folk and the food this was... I wonder if the 85th reunion will be as good? Nice work and a lot of fun are in this.
06/14/08
A wonderfully cheerful and delightful piece, with just the right meter for the mood you are setting. Wish I could go :D
06/16/08
This was a lot of fun to read...very entertaining. Thanks!
Absolutely Fabulous. I'm in awe of your talent.

This was fun to boot!
Very cute! I liked the line with the two teens "Belle and Barbie" That made me giggle! ^_^
Great stuff! I loved the flow and rhythm of this wonderful piece. So many people and so much food made it sound just like a church potluck dinner. I loved the stanza In each person’s hands is a dish for the dinner.
There’s no one today who will leave this place thinner.

You done good Catlin :- )
This poem was very upbeat and fun. I tend to prefer poems like this compared to the more serious ones. I really enjoyed your lighthearted offering this week. :)
06/21/08
Thanks you masters for your expertise and encouragement that we writers experience from you, right from starting out as beginners.
07/30/08
Wow! This is a masterpiece. I enjoyed every line of it...Great poetry, fitting in all the people and activities and staying within the rhyme. I love this kind of poetry...Helen
10/29/08
Catrina -- Don't you love family reunions? :) This is total fun. I love the "In each person’s hands is a dish for the dinner. -- There’s no one today who will leave this place thinner." I had a great time meeting all your relatives here. :) and am looking forward to your sequel "The eight-fifth annual Bancroft reunion. :)