The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1646 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The descriptions are awesome in this story that takes us on a journey of grief that eases with sharing.
05/17/08
Absolutely atmospheric and intense in its descriptions. Excellent.
05/17/08
Something about this made me think of the special relationship between Ruth and Naomi. Wonderfully written.
The descriptions in this story are just superlative. The emotions of the MC are beautifully portrayed. Yes, I also thought of Ruth and Naomi. Well done indeed.
05/18/08
Love the imagery in that perfect last line!
I love the unique voice of this piece. I also loved the way you described everything from the MC's emotions, to the scenery. Great writing!
Now *this* is a mother-in-law I really like. Excellent description, and flawlessly written. Thumbs up.
Oh, wow... This brought tears to my eyes, and tugged at my heart...
Your words spoke to my heart. So clear and precise they set the mood of your story.

Weel done and thanks for this masterpiece.
05/20/08
The imagery and emotions are portrayed with such clarity and depth, and the gentle conclusion fits the story perfectly.
I loved this story. Your masterful writing talent is wonderfully showcased in this piece. Your word choices are amazing, and your writing elegant.

I was curious as to what nationality the names came from. I wasn't sure if you just made them up or took them from a certain culture.

05/21/08
Beautiful story. Tragedy can often strengthen relationships - or destroy them. I'm glad this one made it. I have a wonderful and gentle mother-in-law, who has stood by us through thick and thin.
Do I detect shades of Edvard Grieg's "Peer Gynt Suite" in this piece?
Wonderful descriptions, as usual! I loved the touch of Norway culture, it was great. I'm so glad that there will finally be some sort of relief for Solveig. Great job. ^_^
05/23/08
Congratulations, Ann, on placing 9th in your level and 11th overall. Great job!