The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1887 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/18/08
The prayer offered when the doctors made their prognosis was especially beautiful. Well done.
04/20/08
This was EXCELLENT! So touching. Great work.
04/21/08
As always, your writing is beautiful, lyrical, moving. I love the sentence with the vortex--perfectly capturing dizziness.
Great story! I especially liked the line, "I don’t tell her but I believe our births coincided." and then your explanation.
04/22/08
Very beautiful story. I love the child's innocent strength and the dad's strong love and devotion. Enjoyed reading this tender story very much.
04/22/08
Great message there. How many children with defects are aborted instead of letting them live full lives? They are still people with the right to live as much as anyone else, as your story shows.
I got teary eyed reading this one. What a special child, and what a special father. I liked the child's name and her dad's explanation for why she was named that.

Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoyed reading this. :)
I loved this beautiful, life-affirming story.
04/24/08
Oh, Debbie, this is SO special. Wonderful characterization - and what a tender relationship these two have. Beautiful.
Loved this! I like the name and Cherry is an adorable character and especially I loved 'hearing' her story. It was so neat! Great job, I really liked it. ^_^
04/24/08
Congratulations on your E.C.!
Congrats on your EC. Well done.
Your stories seem to strike something deep within me. So glad for the MC for I may ahve missed this offering. Congratulations.
04/24/08
Congrats on placing with this!
04/24/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is very sweet, and written beautifully.
04/25/08
Wow. This is so sweet and very touching. Thank you. Congratulations on your EC.
04/26/08
Congrats on your EC! This just tugged at my heart strings, such a great exchange between father and daughter, as well as great writing from his pov. Great work.