The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1341 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very moving. I liked the interaction between this girl and her wise grandmother.
04/10/08
"Sugar, let us do the loving for awhile.” Only a godly grandmother could have this kind of wisdom. I may have to borrow this phrase, and spread it on. Moving story.
04/12/08
Perfect advice to let God and her family do the loving for her during such a difficult time. I really liked this one a great deal.
04/13/08
I cried with them, really good. I can barely see the keyboard.

It is hard to let others do the lovin for you.

I see why you are in the advanced level.
04/13/08
Now you've gone and made me cry. Very moving, great insight by the grandmother.
Wonderfully written Glynis. This is simply beautiful.
04/13/08
This was gorgeous. I loved the lines, "“No. I never hated God. I just had to let Him do most of the loving for a while.”
Wow, what a beautiful allusion to the inner human conflict we experience during hard times. Awesome writing.
04/13/08
This has a quiet strength that builds until the end. The whole message about letting God (and others) do the loving and carry you through difficulties--beautifully put through this story.
You set the mood so well and bought us in. Wonderful.
“No. I never hated God. I just had to let Him do most of the loving for a while.”

That line I really relate to.

There is so much emotion in this piece. I really felt it as I was reading it. We often question why tragedies occur in our lives, but thank God for sending the right people to comfort us.

Excellent writing. I loved every word.
04/14/08
This is soooooooooo good, and your first paragraph? One of the best opening paragraphs ever.
Wonderful wisdom in the story and excellent job showing emotions. Loved it!
A tribute to God's grace, for a grieving great-grandma to comfort as she had been comforted.
04/18/08
Congratulations, Glynis, on placing 10th in your level and 29th overall. Great work!