The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1961 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/08
Thanks for pulling my heart upwards and expressing so eloquently the importance of reaching each of the least of these. Well done.
I liked the contrast of the steps and of the different welcomes in your story, but what really struck me the most was how Jesus knew her name. This excellent story has a very important message.
03/16/08
The first & especially the second section were sad, but the third made it all right! Great lesson, for the older, the younger, & the "vagrants".
03/16/08
How effectively you have demonstrated this proverb! Sometimes we find it so easy to excuse our lack of concern, but we need to remember the results can be tragic. I'm glad that wasn't the case in this well-written story.
Gerald, this was beautiful! At first I thought it was a modern day version of the woman Jesus healed on the Sabbath and right up until she died, I was waiting for Jesus to intervene. He did! But not the way I was expecting. Perfect example of the topic. I loved the finish; it brought tears to my eyes. Well done!
03/19/08
What a vivid reminder to us that we need to be sharing Jesus with all that we can. Well done!!
Beautiful story and well written. This would be perfect to use as a devotional.
This is so incredibly beautiful! What a wonderful job you did of bringing us right into the story. Truly lovely.
03/19/08
Very moving, awesomely written.
03/19/08
Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing this.
Wow. This story was so beautiful and sad at the same time. I can't imagine what kind of impact this has had on you Gerald. After experiencing something like this, it would be very hard to let another witnessing opportunity slip by. Good for you trying to help the poor woman out, despite your opposition.

I would hope that I would never find myself acting like the older greeter. I worry for him, because his soul could be in danger for turning people away like that. Whatever happened to helping out the least of these?

If you want to stress the importance of witnessing while you have the chance, then this is the story to have people read.

Superb job!



03/19/08
I thought the story was going to be about the parable of the wedding party, but in her spirit she was clothed in humilty--a clean sparkling garment.

Good way to communicate that we can't miss our opportunities. Not only on target for the theme of the week, but it also fits another proverb "don't judge a book by it's cover". You're so clever Gerald!!
Oh! Yeah for God and yeah for Opal. I feel that we may have a placer with this one. Thanks for a moving story, one of my favorites!
What a brave testamony, convicting in its authenticity and convincing its sincerity. I liked the analogy of the steps as well. Great job!.
This gave me goosebumps! Wow. So sad here, but the ending did have happy notes and joyfulness. This is really good, one of my favorites this week. I felt so bad for Opal and that church greeter who turned her away. You said this was a true story? This was good-nice job! ^_^
***Congrats on your highly commended!*** This was such a good piece! ^_^
03/20/08
Absolutely excellent, Gerry. The atmosphere, the characterization, the story, truly masterful. Congratulations on your highly commended.
03/20/08
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. This is beautiful, and very well written. Nice job with the topic.
Great writing and a heartbreaking truth. Thank you for sharing this! And congrats on being Highly Commended!
03/25/08
This was SO beautiful...I am speechless.
04/26/08
Gerald, I'm going to feature this moving story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of May 12. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page, and congratulations!
I got to read this agian, YEA! Congratulation on your showcase. So glad for a chance for more people to read this moving story.
05/15/08
Hi - Wow! This is a very special story - well written, I enjoyed it. congratulations and thank you.
This is my favorite of all your entries so far, Gerald. So happy to see it being showcased this week. :)
05/16/08
Amazing (again - or is that still?) and SO deserving of the showcase. I was blessed and convicted as I read this. Thanks you.
Such an amazing story.... Inspiration oozed in every paragraph.... I went from wanting to slug the cold-hearted people to applauding when Jesus called her name....

Loved that her name was a jewel... seem to give it a little "double meaning...."

It's a gem... (in more ways than one...)I can see why it has gotten so much recognition.

Dixie