The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1255 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very good progression showing what can happen from bitterness, and was glad there was a happy ending.
02/22/08
You've done a good job of describing this man's sinking into depression. I appreciated your allusions with this, "the Lord defeats Bitterness, Self-pity, Depression and Despair with the sword of truth. They evaporate in sulfurous smoke and shrieks of defeat." Parts of his depression reminded me of Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4. Nice writing with this.
02/25/08
Great job with the personification of the man's evils. Very good writing!
02/25/08
You have written a very revealing look at an uncomfortably large part of society. Each part of this story could easily be expanded to be a novel. It would be worth reading.
02/25/08
Naye, this is so powerful. It certainly reminded me of times in my life where I struggled with some of these things. Great job in writing this!
Laury
God job making his demons so real and visible. I love Jesus defeating them with His Sword. Very convicting piece.
02/26/08
Wonderful images in this piece. You captured emotions well. This is a great example of the power of prayer.
The goose bumps won't stop. Wow, I could so be that man. Thanks for a timely (and on topic) entry.
You clearly demonstrate the progression of unforgiveness, the escalation of spiritual warfare, and the power of prayer. It is nice to see an entry with a happy ending, as they have been few and far between this week.
This was great a good reminder to me once again to not allow the sins of others to steal my joy.
This brought tears to my eyes! It's so real and so true! I'm glad that his family didn't give up and I'm glad that God did reach him. The last lines are powerful. Really awesome writing! ^_^
02/27/08
You managed to describe very well how bitterness can affect a heart. I think that it would be even more effective if the whole story were told through his eyes rather than by the narrator.
You showed the topic all the way through your story, but I'm so glad you added the wonderful intervention of the Lord. Great job.
Great writing and story. Sometimes we let emotions guide and common sense they over-ride.

Sonny White
I *thought* I had commented on this when it was entered, but I guess I didn't. Anyway, I do remember it. It is very powerful, and the writing is very, very good. Five stars from me.
This shows, so well, the evoltuion of despair by separating ourselves from God's love and grace. It also speaks to the power of prayer and how God can heal a man's heart and soul. It is true, the devil goes about like a lion seeking whom he might destroy...thank God for those who are leery and pray for those who are unaware or caught up in the devil's lies that they cannot see it. Great job - Loren