The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1360 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
Good use of presnet tense to help us feel the immediacy of your narrator's feelings, and a great ending, too.
12/08/07
That's what a good home group is for! Love the character and the honesty in the narrative. Good descritpions of the feelings that cancer brings out in people. The ending brings a sense of peace and humor to this story.
12/09/07
Love the end - and the rest of this. :) I could feel her anguish and stress - as well as the wonderful support from her friend. Good stuff.
TEARS! I am currently taking chemo for breast cancer and this really touched my heart! I have not felt this despair, but I have been lifted up by many...including FW!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
12/11/07
What a wonderful expression of solidarity — Sally's a friend to hang on to. Great story.
12/13/07
Beautiful and poignant. Congrats on your win.
12/14/07
Congratulations!
12/14/07
Congratulations on your EC. I love the voice of this. I could feel her pain. Good job.
12/16/07
Wow! I thought I had read all of this level. Guess I missed it, huh? What a good, no excellent, story! I can relate so much to the grief and anger and also to how a good friend comes to the rescue. Congratulations on your 2nd place!
Laury
What a wonderful story. Friends can bring a lot of healing of the soul. Excellent job on this one.