The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1433 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/07
Beautiful truth...
11/17/07
Great job! Inspiring. God bless.
11/17/07
What a wonderful word picture. Very creative. Like this a LOT!
06/22/08
This is beautiful, Laurie! I'm going to feature it in the Front Page Showcase for the week of August 18. Look for it on the FW home page, and congratulations!
Just what I needed to read today!

God knew I would "happen" upon these words to encourage my spirit.

Lovely, lovely words of truth, assembled...no, fashioned, to heal!
08/19/08
I loved this poem! It ministered to me today!
08/19/08
I really loved your poem. Jesus is really the Douser of the flames in our lives if we let Him. Great job!
08/20/08
Your choice word selection, rhyming pattern and message make for a great poem, in my book. It is one of those worth relishing!
What a wonderful poem, Laurie, with images that are filled with life and power! The front page showcase is exactly where it should be. Blessings to you, dear friend!
08/20/08
beautiful poem.i was moved. it's awesome!!
The Douser of my flames...You know, I never quite looked at Him in that way before, but you are right! Beautiful poem. I am so glad this was showcased. Thank you for sharing your gift with us, Laurie.
Theology needn't get in the way of a glorifying poem, but technically speaking God does not douse flames with water... ever. The same way God does not scare away lions with a clown suit. Very capable writing, choice words like "truth" and "sharing lessons" will not be quickly forgotten.
08/23/08
Great use of "water" as SYMBOLISM throughout a well crafted poem (not sure what the above critique was implying...theology?) Anyway, very clever, very solid, and from the responses it obviously spoke to many readers. Well done.
08/24/08
Hi - congratulations at being featured - I like your poem - there is great depth and truth to your writing -
thnak you for sharing - Lynn
08/25/08
Congrats on having this lovely poem showcased!
Very touching and powerful. Thank you for sharing!
12/04/09
Such a beautiful word picture here!