The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1676 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/07
I really enjoyed this story! Wonderful descriptions and dialogue--I could see and hear the street children and smell those bakery muffins. I liked the mention of specific treats, etc.

Great message, too--I like the way the caring teacher found out what was bothering the main boy. Wonderful title--it sparked my curiosity. Great job!
11/02/07
This is such a great story; so well written and engaging.
Unique take on the topic. It's well written, and held my attention. I like Parthena.
11/04/07
Extremely creative! What wonderful characters you've given us...I love this.
11/06/07
Very creative for the topic. You had my mouth drooling with all the goodies being baked. Very good writing. So enjoyable to read.
11/06/07
This entry is rich with superb descriptions and imagery. The story is well-told and holds the reader's interest from the beginning all the way to the surprise ending. I liked this story very much!
11/06/07
Lovely period piece. Well done.
11/07/07
I love your title, and your storytelling is excellent!
You did an excellent job with the setting--took us to a unique time and place.
Well done! Thanks for sharing this! Good writing!
11/07/07
Wonderful descriptions, and sense of place. I was right there. This story is just lovely.
I really liked Parthena's "never say die" attitude brought out by her reply to the question of Christmas in July. She had a vision and it reached out to help many of God's children.
Well Done!
11/12/07
I like the way you used description to bring these characters and this story to life! I’d like to visit that bakery. On the other hand, you made me feel like I’ve already been there.
11/18/07
Excellent! If I had to score this on the basis of 1 - 10, 10 being the highest, I would score it 10+. This is an excellent story for the topic of Sunday School. God bless you as you continue your ministry of writing and serving the Lord in other ways. And by the way, being a Siamese cat lover (I have 2), I love your kitty on your profile page.... Helen