The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Grandma Betty is quite a gal! With that kind of lively spirit she just might make it to 100. I liked your story!
I was drawn to your title because I am Grandma Betty to 5 perfect kids. ;0)
I like Grandma Betty's spunk. Cute ending. Nicely done.
09/14/07
What a gal. LOL

Nice dialog and humor in your writing. Good Job.
Cute turn of events.
09/14/07
You do dialogue so realistically. I can't believe how well you use archetypes to make a reader care about your characters in so few words. I'm guessing FaithWriters keeps writing challenge authors a secret for an impartial judging, but this is a voice I recognize. Good for granny!
09/14/07
I'm impressed..you even managed to change my grandmother's name to protect her! The dialogue was that believable. Nicely done.
09/15/07
Grandma is a hoot! Your story made me smile, especially Grandma's constant complaining! The twist at the end is a neat finishing touch.
09/15/07
Oh this was fun. The dialogue was top notch. Betty will outlive us all!
This is a delightful story--beginning to end.
09/17/07
I want to be just like Grandma Betty when I grow up (and I'm well on my way...) Loved every word!
Nothing wrong with this granny's mind and sense of humor. A fun story to read.
09/19/07
How fun! Love just about everything about this. The REAL surprise was something else. I hope I'm like this when I'm a grandma.
09/19/07
I love Grandma's sense of humor. Don't know if I'd have the guts to do what she did (maybe I will when I'm 92). :) Great story -- great writing!
09/20/07
Great voice and a lot of fun! Congratulations!
09/20/07
Congratulations on your highly commended. This is one of my favorites -- it's hysterical. Great job.
09/21/07
Grandma Betty's a trip. Congratulations!
This is hilarious! Loved every twist and turn. Congratulations.
This is just too much fun. Thanks for giving me a smile today. Blessings!
Cute, cute, cute grandma. My grandma was cute too. She lived to be 102 and she was a nut. Thanks for the fun.