The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1529 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Deep stuff...and of course, I am so curious now. Please let me know when you share the whole story. And even if that never happens, He knows...

:-)

May God bless.

Sincerely,
Dan Blankenship

09/07/07
Boy, do I know this feeling! When my sister and I started telling people we were praying for complete healing for my Dad, the medical profession especially looked at us like were were nuts! But, why not? God can and does heal, and He never said He wouldn't heal my Dad, so why not go ahead and trust that He will? What will we have lost except our worry, and our time in prayer? It takes courage to speak soemtimes, what we know God is capable of doing. And even more courage to say we totally believe He will do it for US! Your article shows a heart beginning to lean on the Lord's Promises, and just start the journey on His path. How exciting!
How do we obtain, maintain, that delicate balance between faith and works? "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord." I hope this doesn't come off preachy but I had t share the place where I myself am so often driven.
Your well-crafted piece rings with authenticity and humility! Thanks so much for beginning the sharing of your story. Beauty for ashes...How well I recognize the deathly religiosity that can seed itself into the heart of a church-bred child! Bravo for pushing on toward His promise to you--which will surely be rewarded.
You have been bold already and I can sense the courage it has taken to express yourself. Have faith, you are on the right track. Lovely writing; well structured in your beginning and flow through to the end.
09/12/07
You're right. There IS a time to be bold and a time to keep things close--until the time is right. Good job!