The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1778 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/07
What vivid writing! You show the landscape, and the heart, with equal deftness. Your descriptions are wonderful. I was hoping the shaman would have become saved, but I'm glad you didn't succumb to the "happily ever after" ending. This piece was much stronger as a result.
This story was told so vividly that I was surprised it was fiction. Yet, it truly is the essence of the missionary's heart.
08/03/07
I identify. Wonderful story — it might be fiction, but it is very true at the same time.
08/04/07
I'd like to step back in time and read about the beginnings of this woman's missionary work and what she and her husband accomplished together. Good reading!
08/05/07
I could feel the jungle heat and hear the jungle noises--and the last few paragraphs really gripped at my heart. Excellent writing, as always.
08/05/07
Very sensory. I like stories that involve all my senses. Superb, overall. God bless.
Your writing was so real I would have believed every word was true. Excellent. You are gifted.
08/08/07
Very moving. Yes, I thought it was based on a real account too, until your honest explanatory note at the end. I agree that not every sown field has a "through gates of splendour" harvest, but a harvest nonetheless, if the seed was good seed. Creative use of names - sounded very authentic.