The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1579 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
Love the voice - I can just see those ladies and their pretense! An amazingly well-articulated message too. I REALLY wanna know who the mystery lady was!
I love how you presented the hope of the Christian and the shallowness of those who do not follow Christ.
08/03/07
Great writing, great message and great mystery! Good work.
08/04/07
A mystery and a funeral, what a great combination! I like the characters you created and the exact personalities I could see in my mind from reading your descriptions.
08/05/07
A message woven through the story, like a flowing stream of golden wisdom from above. I would love to read this as part of a novel, expanding on the lives of each of these characters.
08/07/07
I like how the title connects with the story and the easy transition from the home to the funeral parlour. Is the mystery lady the daughter wearing the same perfume?
May be just my take on it but I'm reminded here of the instance when Jesus wrote in the sand, possibly hitherto hidden sins of accusers of the woman caught in adultery. The words of the mystery woman seemed to hit some of the audience where it hurt most!! As always, Linda, superb writing!