The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1671 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/25/07
Well done, my senses are alive given the great fragrances and descriptions here.
Wonderful love story. Reads a lot like the Song of Solomon.
05/25/07
A modern day Psalm came to mind as I read this piece. Not rhythmic poetry per se, but written in the style of a Psalm. Nicely done. Excellent message.
05/26/07
Very nice!
05/26/07
I like your incorporation of all the senses. Wonderful.
Indeed, you completely excellently the prayer of your title. I love the imagery.
05/26/07
Love the imagery and the structure of this. You convey so wonderfully the depth of your love for Him. Perfect title for this lovely piece.
05/29/07
Wow! This is picture perfect. Who couldn't understand your relationship to your Creator with such vivid word pictures? Why, this is almost scratch and sniff! It's a VERY remarkable poem. Well done.
My kind of poetry. Nice flow, good rhythm. Wonderful pictures.
05/29/07
So many beautiful images here, but my favorite phrase was "train them to recognize You"...because it's so easy to take all this glory for granted. Wonderful food for thought.
Before I looked at the other comments, I, too, thought this read like a psalm. It's lovely and meaningful. Very well done.
What a neat poem! I really like how you go through each of the senses, exploring the delights and needs of each.
05/30/07
I really like the style that you used. Great poem, I enjoyed reading it.
05/30/07
"Awaken My Senses" -- you certainly did just that! Music to my heart!
05/31/07
Super reader involvment. Very nice job. God bless.
07/16/07
Sharlyn, I've come back to this wonderful poem in my search for pieces to use for the Front Page Showcase. I'll be using it on the week of August 20th. Look for it on the FW home page.
08/20/07
This is so amazingly vivid and moving, my friend! So glad I got a reminder to read it again. Congrats on your showcase placement.
Because this poem is so wonderful, I would like to be really picky in order to improve it even further. But I know God will use it just as it is. E-mail me a copy to [email protected] if I can be of help.
I love both the rhythmic cadence and worshipful feel of your poem.
08/23/07
Congratulations! I am so happy to see this beautiful poem being showcased! I loved the chance to read it again!
08/25/07
This was well written with a lot of vivid images.