The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1839 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Nice recollection of innocent youth. I see a coming of age novel in here somewhere. Nicely done.
Ooh... a coming of age novel. Sounds like a plan! I truly enjoyed reading this light-hearted frolic of youth. We all need to return to innocence once in a while; it's refreshing! Very nicely done. Blessings, Cheri
Oops, forgot one other thing I wanted to say. I like how the newscasts were alternated with the easy events of the day. It illustrated your point very nicely; all the cares of the world, yet very removed from the reality of these young gals. Good job. Cheri
05/11/07
I felt like I was reliving my own teen years (I turned 14 in 1981!) - I love the way you structured this, and how well it made your point.
A nostalgic trip down memory lane. I like how you wove newsworthy events between the carefree events of adolesence. Some terrific writing!
05/14/07
Great structure! Your narrator's voice is authentic and interesting.
05/15/07
What a great tale, packed with memories and youth's sweetness. Cool structure as well, interspersing historical milestones all "children of the '80's" can recall. Good job!
05/16/07
You evoked sweet memories with this story of the 80's!

Wonderful writing!
05/16/07
Great story of coming of age! I also liked the little history tidbits, too. Of course, I wasn't born quite yet, but it was the year my parents got married!

Anyway, this can relate to anyone in any decade. ^_^
OH NO the 80's are already historical??? Where did the time go? This was a nicely done story. I liked the contrasts in the flow of the story. Every season has the good and the bad. Well written.
This is certainly different. I liked the different flashbacks/history interwoven and the sense of life moving on was very real. Good job.
Very creative entry! I really enjoyed this.