The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2108 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
Some examples of descriptive elegance:

Six ruby-red roses immersed in cellophane and curls of ribbon

a chipped cream jug

A good story, and well told
04/26/07
What a neat story, well written, descriptive, and one that we all hope will be true when we've been married that long. :)
This was very touching. Your descriptions of the couple were perfect.
I loved it! It's always nice to see elderly people in love.
04/26/07
An engaging story filled with nice imagery. It pulled me in and held me to the end.
This is a very sweet story with excellent descriptive writing.
04/29/07
Very nice. Your descriptive words had me in the diner watching everything unfold. You portrayed true love beautifully.
04/30/07
Great descriptions, right down to the ambience of the diner. Very well written!
Beautiful story. I'm teary-eyed and that's hard to do. I like the way you used it as an example for your own marriage. A winner either way.
This should be a timeless classic. I loved your descriptions, when they were holding hands, the expressions on their faces seeing the Roses and the album. Very well written and very much enjoyed! ^_^
05/02/07
This I liked. I mean, I really enjoyed. Classic writing, memorable lines, relaxing tone and voice.
Your writing, reminds of a man who just sits down to play the piano for the joy of playing. Eyes closed, a smile and the just stops and goes and pours a glass of iced tea and plants a flower. Simple and grand. God bless.