The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/07
I laughed out loud at young David imitating a shofar! This was both highly entertaining and highly educational--takes a lot of talent to pull that off!
03/16/07
Superb. Lots of fun things woven in here. Great job!
I was entranced by this. It was easy to believe this might really have happened. Great way to tell a story!
03/18/07
A wonderfully imaginative story! I could see the scene clearly and loved the way mom told David about the shofar. Good foretelling, too.
Oh, yes, truly wonderful indeed! I loved this story and enjoyed being reminded of the significance of the shofar etc. Thank you!!

Very good story about Bible facts. Enjoyed the pov here. Good job.
03/20/07
Loved this, Helen! I appreciate so much the history you wove into this, and I adore David's personality - it seems to fit the David we know. You have definitely given me a new way of thinking of the shofar blast.
Beautifully written!
Congrats on your win! I think it was a wonderful piece and I loved getting to see David in a new light. It was very fun and easy to read. ^_^
Way to go! Congratulations on your EC Placement. Enjoyed the story.
03/24/07
Congratulations on your #1 win in this Music challenge. Although the words kinnor, keening, shofar and Yom Kipper are as alien to my particular Faith as Jesus, Savior, Good Friday and Easter are to the Jewish Faith. However, both Faiths love stories of David the Shepard Boy who became both King and Psalmist. This delightful story of our beloved David's writings, written by a Master, is no exception!
04/10/07
Congratulations on your win - this was a lovely story. I particularly liked your portrayal of David's stubbornness and the lessons that his mother taught him. Great work.