The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1291 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What an extraordinary piece. It started out with a joy ride and ended up in a puddle of tears. You have the ability to grip your readers! If my house had started burning down, I would have had to finish reading this before I exited. It's that good!
Humor, pathos, hope and humanity - this article has it all. Good job on writing about such a tough subject.
03/10/07
A great story - a new beginning for a battered woman. Thank God there are really surgeons who do these things. Very well written, good flow, and a nice way of bringing the characters to life.
03/11/07
Well written entry; but when it comes to "topic," I would classify it more as a story about spousal abuse, plastic surgery or even about a kind doctor; perhaps if the title were "Shopping for Noses" - THEN I would say...right on target. (a personal opinion only) However, it is an interesting read and has a great message for abused wives, who should adhere to this doctor's advice.
03/12/07
Well written. I loved the touch of the childs nursery rhyme. Good job.
03/12/07
P.S. I like the title because it shows that God was in this with her. She hadn't failed at all and this was one of His gifts to her. Well done!
Yes, that was an angel. I like his form of payment. It forces those who would not otherwise be able to cope, to get out of abusive situations. Good story. Well written.
03/13/07
Excellent.