The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1764 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very, very nice! I was a little confused at one point when Jeff first came to the trailer, I wasn't sure who was speaking there, but that's probably just me. I liked the story and the character of Penny. Very cute! Especially enjoyed the realistic touches like a Madagascar pink backpack and wanting Burger King. Great work! ^_^
03/08/07
A very touching story, and nicely written, too! Neat job on the shopping topic.
This is such a good, well-written story. I have been involved with helping kids at back-to-school time and the confidence and self-esteem it gives to the children (and their families) cannot be measured.

A nice approach to the subject of shopping.
03/10/07
Forgiveness is something we often struggle with, yet your words conveyed Jeff's forgiving attitude. Nicely one.
Wonderfully sweet story. In spite of all the evil in the world today, I believe there is a lot of this type of love being shown. Good writing.
03/14/07
Was touched by your story. Very creative take on the shopping topic too. Nicely done.
03/15/07
Very touching story! Your descriptions were excellent! :)
03/15/07
Loved the story - turning something bad into something good. Nice way to keep a memory.
03/15/07
Such a tender story. Great description too. Enjoyed this very much!
Yayness Julie! You got a highly commended. ^_^ Congrats!
03/15/07
This was really touching. It brought tears to my eyes.
03/15/07
A wonderful story. The description of Jeff pulling up to the trailer was especially vivid. This line was very powerful to me: “She’s my angel. I believe she can break out of the life she inherited.” The woman couldn’t look him in the eye.” A great title too. Congrats on your placement, Julie!
03/15/07
Congratulations on your win! This is a beautiful story.
What a great story! Congratulations on your recognition.
Oh, I liked this so much! congratualtions on the H.C. Please send me a pm ahead of time with an early brick, so I can read more of your challenge entires before the winners come out! ( don't worry, I'm not a judge, so it's legal!)
03/30/07
Your ending caught me! Well done! You carried me all the way through till the end - I loved this.