The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 962 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute story. I love the interaction and dialogue between the grandmother and her granddaughter. Having the grandmother add a prayer to each stitch she crochets for the baby hats is a unique angle and ending to your story.
02/16/07
This is a nice, simple, relaxed story of giving. It felt like the pace of Mr. Roger's show. That's a good thing! Thanks for this simple tale and showing how we can all be such examples to our grandchildren. An example like that would live long after grandma moved to her mansion in Heaven.
Very sweet. I love the idea of the grandmother praying for the newborns. It makes me realize we may not always know who is praying for us, but we *are* being prayed for.
Well done.
I loved this. Loved all of Lesha's questions and the patience of the grandmother as she answered each one. We can all find something to do for God.
02/18/07
You did a wonderful job with this dialog-heavy piece--added just enough description and action to help us to keep track of the characters and to visualize the precious scene.

You might want to take the "d" off the "observed" in the first paragraph.

Lesha and her grandmother are both wonderful characters!