The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1626 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/07
Powerful and insightful. Your writing helps the reader to understand the world of an autistic person.
02/02/07
Absolutely wonderful. My heart broke at the beginning, and the ending was so satisfying. Thank you for writing this.
02/03/07
This is a must read for anyone who has any connection to autistic children. My stepdaughter's son is 12 now, austistic and living in a group home. I don't think we understand what they go through - those with autism and the families of .. thank you for sharing.
To my knowlege, I have never been around an autistic child. This would help any reader to understand what they face. Good writing.
Nice job! Kudos! I like your work.
02/07/07
Well done. A strong voice for those who don't always have one.
This touched me deeply as I have a nephew who is High Functioning Autistic, and a niece (his sister) who has Asperger's syndrome, which is very similar. Thankyou for sharing this. I think it was very well written and gives an insight into how the mind of an autistic child works.
What a beautifully heart-breaking story. I believe yours should have placed above mine. Thank you for sharing.
I loved this, and what a beautiful tribute to your friend. Congrats, Tim!
I just got back to reading last week's winning entries, and I'm so glad that I read this one. I have worked with autistic children, and your portrayal is, I believe, accurate and insightful. Great job!