The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2016 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/06
this was cute! Great job--easy to follow and was a smooth read.
11/17/06
Very fun! I LOVED the whole "whale/large fish" controversy. I did find some of the pirate talk a bit distracting, but really enjoyed the story overall (and I admire your patience with all that formatting!!). A delightful read!
11/19/06
I really enjoyed this humorous account of a familiar story. Good descriptions and fun to read. Great job!
11/21/06
This is very clever!

If you come back to this, you might want to work on the "pirate-ese". For example, instead of "How many times do me...", it seems like it should be "How many times does I..."

I, too, loved the whole whale/fish debate. Highly amusing.
11/22/06
What a cute story! I first smiled at Larry’s full name. A favorite line: “Well, how many large fish do you know…bellies.” This was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
11/22/06
Cute and clever sum it up best. Thanks for sharing.
This is great!

Really creative... I wish I could read the sequel!

Good Luck!
Cute and funny with a great little story in there. And yes, I too loved the whale/fish controversy (it's about time someone got it right!). Great writing. :)
11/23/06
Whimsy, pure whimsy. Creative, funny, with a message. Totally stepped out of the box on this one....and won the prize. The title certainly set the tone for this. Eye catching. Well done!
This is so original! Congratulations!
11/24/06
Fun interview. My fav line: 'I shall send you the bill for the counseling I will have to go through to get that image out of my head.'
Allison, this was a BLAST. Thanks so much for entering this creative, delightful pirate version of Jonah. Congrats on your win!
This is soooooooooooo cute! It really should be used as drama in front of a church. Get some young people performing it and watch it bless the hearts of the congregation! Great job, Mate!