The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4267 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/10/06
Wonderful is a hard word to use here because of the content, yet it was..."listen closely, hear my heart" your heart was in it from start to finish.
11/11/06
A heart-felt witness of a missionary. Beautiful words, even in their sorrow. Good job.
11/13/06
You'd better be careful, or you'll get a reputation--as one of FaithWriters best poets! This is great--a beautifully written heart cry.
11/13/06
I loved your Authors note - I wish I had thought of it!

Yes! A wonderfully written plea of reality. Great, great job!
This is SO good. The rhyme pattern is near perfect, and I love the sentiment throughout. Well done.
11/13/06
What an amazingly convicting piece! Wonderful rhyme and meter, fabulous word choices, and a message we all need to hear!
11/13/06
Please post more of your poems at Poetry and Poets of God: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poetryandpoetsofgod/
I started reading this one aloud, as I sometimes do with poetry, as I am not very good at determining meter and things. Therefore, I was led from reading poetry into challenging myself, and then praying, and committing myself to action. Sneaky! (In the best possible way, of course!) Good writing - even better, a spiritual tool in building the Kingdom. Could you want a better accolade ... ?
Powerful, powerful, powerful!! Thrills my soul! Wonderful work of art and heart!
11/15/06
A wonderful poem, and a very real need expressed very well. Thanks for sharing this!
I'm with Jan - One of Faithwriters Best Poets! As always your entry has been a blessing for me to read.
11/16/06
Powerful indeed! I hope this gets used way beyond FW too ... it has a strong message.
Beautiful, beautiful and yes, beautiful! This was a wonderful poem and I truly enjoyed reading it. Congrats on a great entry, and your first place :)
11/16/06
Yes. Well well deserved first place. There is eternity in this poem because you have echoed the heart of God.
Lovely, deep, loving and tender...challenging...so much to digest!

Good poetry, word choice, flow.

Thanks be to God for inspiring your heart w/ this message.



Wow! You really put your heart into this one. Really makes me appreciate my blessings so much more. Great job. A well deserved win!
WOW! Jan, I can see how you won! This is an excellent poem! A deserved (although belated) congrats!