The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1371 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow, I remember singing this hymn as a child--I used to go to a little Sunday group that gathered in the auditorium of my elementary school. I had quite forgotten about learning that song. Thanks for this story. It took me back to something long forgotten and then gave me some insight.
08/26/06
I never knew the story behind the hymn until now. Thank you for writing it - you did a beautiful job.
08/29/06
Digging out the stories behind our favorite hymns makes them that much more precious. If you haven't discovered the "One-Year Book of Hymns," I heartily recommend it. This story would fit right in.
08/30/06
Love this! Glad I read it.
08/30/06
"Come as you are!" I love it ... "Just as I am, I come, I come!" Beautiful story. Sorry I didn't read it earlier! Very nice, indeed! :)
I've learned so much this week, thank-you. I love the way you use words. You brought me in and kept me there from the title to the end. Awesome job!
This is beautiful -- it gave me chills!
09/01/06
I enjoy the discovery of who wrote these writing challenge entries. I also want to thank you for blessing me with your comments on my own "cross" entry. Thank you, friend!