The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1490 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/25/06
Wow--this is great! A devotional written with gentle, self-deprecating wit, and with such profound truth.
Inspiring and honest introspection. Loved the witticisms and snickered at this one:

"My estrogen side rules my pride, you know."

Pride? Hmmmmm.....LOL

Fun and challenging to read.

08/28/06
'...the chasm between good and evil is way too thin for this girl who would appreciate a wider margin.' If only! :)

Great job on this Jo, because of the gentle, witty way you've weaved these lessons the reader will ponder on this for awhile - and that's good!
Well written devotional. Great job.
08/29/06
I just LOVE your writing style, Jo! This is so lighthearted and profound at the same time. I have no suggestions - just heaps and heaps of praise and admiration. Wonderful!
What a fun read! It has a poignant - and all-to-personal - message encased in a real and humorous presentation.

Thanks for sharing, and God bless,

Kevin
This is just what I needed.

I loved this paragraph - Even though I need to be reprimanded now and again, clarity of who He is and who I’m to be is becoming as clear as still, refreshing water. My desire for what I think I need or who I think I should be is reduced with every polishing His soft hand delivers to my being.

May I copy this down and post it on my desk as a daily reminder?


I found yours Jo, and I'm glad I did. This piece just seems to radiate with the personality that you share on a daily basis. You are witty, approachable, and yet profound in your search for excellence. I love this piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I found yours Jo, and I'm glad I did. This piece just seems to radiate with the personality that you share on a daily basis. You are witty, approachable, and yet profound in your search for excellence. I love this piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.
09/01/06
Just loved this, Jo! Funny and so true. My fav line: 'the chasm between good and evil is way too thin for this girl who would appreciate a wider margin.' You brought a smile to my face as it does to your Daddy's.
yeggy