The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/17/06
Such a sweet, touching testimony of a life lived in God. Each of his children endured their own valley and the father bridged them all. What an example of Christ as he hung on a cross and stretched Himself over the valleys of our lives. The down-home country way the children expressed themselves in honor of their father makes this work. I could feel their emotion and felt I knew their father. Excellent job in a most clever and unique way!
08/18/06
Definitely a unique and effective approach! I enjoyed learning about this Godly man, and the many blessings he poured on his children. I found some of the "down home" language a bit inconsistent, but that did not distract from the poignancy of this piece. Wonderful work!
08/21/06
I agree that this is a most creative way to tell us one man's story. I enjoyed reading it.
08/22/06
Refreshing take on valley topic; enjoyed it immensely. Hearing from all his children was a great way to tell of this remarkable man's walk with God.
08/22/06
This is beautifully written, I felt like maybe I should stop in at the church between 2:00 - 9:00 pm. to pay my respects.
So realistically written! This touched my heart!
08/23/06
Very creative take on the topic -loved the voices of all the kids :)