The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1177 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/06
Great story, and great take on the topic! There were a couple of typos near the beginning, but you still kept my attention all the way through. Well done!
06/15/06
I want to know more! This could be expanded into a longer story. Very creative. Keep it up.
06/17/06
There is a beginning but NO ENDING. Your reader needs to have a satisfactory ending. We hope and pray along with the mother, of course, but we'd like to know. Thanks for sharing.
I disagree - there is an ending to this story, and I believe it is one that is very effective. It is true to life... just because the story comes to an end doesn't mean that life ends, too. I really like this story... keep it up. It would be interesting to see this story expanded.
06/19/06
A couple of glitches early, and some unclear construction, but a compelling story, one that leaves the reader wanting more. Have someone proof your essay before posting, and I think you might be on your way to the winner's circle.
06/19/06
I love the way you're approaching this ~ very creative! Aside from the couple glitches at first, you presented an outstanding piece. Great work! :)
A poignant snapshot of enduring faith. Beautiful, movingly written!
06/21/06
I like the hymn interspersed with the story--a nice touch.