The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1379 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
WOW! I don't think I've EVER seen anyone cover the topic as well as you did with this one! Well done!
02/14/06
This is one funny writer. I can't imagine how you came up with so many "breaks" in one little story! Bravo!
02/15/06
So far there are at least of two of you who must have been up all night figuring out how to use "break" in as many ways as possible. But the effort was worth it - well done.
02/16/06
This was unbelievably clever! Bravo!
02/16/06
Fun!!

When I was thinking of all the 'breaks' in our lives, I came to the conclusion that we have far too many 'breaks' and sometimes we're a little short on 'mends' or 'repairs'...

You proved it!
What a cute way to incorporate the topic. How did you ever come up with all those BREAKS? And to top it off, your writing is good too!
02/16/06
Kudos on creativity and the great writing! Gotta be a winner somewhere! Loved it!
Very clever. Fun read.
02/17/06
Great job as always! This was a great read. Have a good chance here to score a winner! :-)
02/17/06
You did a good job with all the breaks. To make your writing even better, try to look at Brenda and tell us what you see and feel for her without actually telling factually us what she did, like, instead of saying the girl peeled an orange, say the girl pulled off the oval chunks of rind and pith, gasping as a squirt of juice hit her open eye. Instead of saying watched TV, say she ran to the TV power button the moment her eyes saw the time, and then she took steps backwards until her butt hit the seat of the kitchen chair. That way we feel it and smell it and sense it with you.
02/17/06
Too fun! Clever writing - and excellent, too, as always. Gread work!
02/17/06
Very cute - well done :)
02/18/06
It's like a Saturday Night Live skit where they start with a repetitive joke and it's kind of funny, and then they keep going with it and it gets annoying, and then they keep going and going and going until they're way beyond reasonability and it becomes completely and utterly hilarious. Great job!!!