The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1683 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/06
Loved this..very to the point and hard hitting. Nice job.
01/18/06
Your story left me in tears; it seems we all think of what we did or didn't do when our loved ones were alive and well. I long to see my Mother again...and I miss her every day even though it's been 20 years. That day will be a great day UP THERE...when we meet again. Thank you for sharing your story.
Honest and powerful piece. God bless for sharing this.
02/19/06
I hope you don't mind, David, but I came back to revisit this site; it gives me the encouragement I need to keep on "keeping on"...so that I can see my mother again. Thanks!
08/22/06
I like the utter simplicity which let it be honest. I have 5 boys, some who don't often treat me very well, especially in light of the fact that I mourn their only sister so and am now raising her baby. I feel badly for them when they treat me awfully, because I know that they will grow up one day and have this ache for doing this to me. That is part of a mother's pain; knowing that they will face this regret.
Your mom shines through this piece quietly as a "sweet soul".
God bless, kim