The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 688 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/10/14
I really enjoyed this piece. Well done.

God bless~
Ah, I see how your title came into play there. Very nicely done. I was hoping I would have learned the name of Josh's daughter, but that was alright. I'm glad he found the strength to give up the drinking, it was a good character twist. Thanks for sharing!
01/13/14
You're very good at using a variety of sentence types and structures to give your story a lovely flow. Love the double meaning in the title.
Thank you.
Yes, we hear Satan's lies every day: "Just drink responsibly".

It seems he says this about every evil: just be careful, just be safe, you owe it to yourself,...

Christians need to be like Josh and quite living the lie.

Good story in so many ways. Good warning for husbands, wives and children.

Keep writing with His word open before you.
01/15/14
Oh I love this. It's the best entry I've read yet. Beautiful and touching. And an issue which has effected many lives.

I think you really nailed it with this one, though I don't know how the judges will feel about how well it fit the topic. You have a fan!
01/16/14
Congratulations!!! Well done.
Congratulations! Beautiful story and well written!
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 21 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)
01/17/14
This was great. Not too rushed, at a steady pace. Very applicable for some people who have such battles to face.
Many congratulations on your well deserved win. A story that touches the heart - beautifully written.
Again, thank you.