The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your last sentence dropped me like a sack of potatoes. I loved how you described the chair before the desk. I felt that sinking low to the ground - have sat in similar chairs.

I love your writing. I do, however, struggle with the lack of paragraph spacing. All you need to do is give an extra "enter" between the paragraphs. It would be so much easier and more pleasant to read.

This was a terrific piece, showing the frustrations of soul winning to someone who does not have ears to hear ...
11/14/13
Excellent piece that has moments of "levity" - the low chair to the floor, perhaps wasn't meant to make someone smile, but it had me grinning ear to ear - and moments of frustration, and moments of discord.

Throughout this brilliant piece, I felt the Reverend's heart and strong heart for God. The public declaration of baptisim is important, and the MC was spinning wheels of futility with the somber "closed-minded" character.

Great piece, and great job!

God bless~

You did a great job setting the scene and creating mood with your descriptions. I can't help but wonder what, or who, this man is hiding from? I like that you didn't feel the need to end this story "happily every after" for everyone.
11/25/13
Congrats! God bless~