The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1209 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this story. It is so sweet in the grandmother is the quintessential grandmother, much like my own. This story just me back to my childhood and the things my grandmother taught me. You did a fabulous job of creating pictures for me. I truly enjoyed the story from the beginning to the very end. I also like how the story came full circle.
03/14/13
Awww. I loved this. Thank you for sharing this touching story.

God Bless~
Very touching, nostalgic story. I would encourage you to leave a little white space in between for easier reading. Thanks for this engaging stroll down memory lane.
03/19/13
Reading this made me smile. So special and full of detail. Thank you!
This would make a terrific story for Reminisce Magazine. A thoroughly engaging and tender read. Thank you.
I love when a smell or a taste will fill me with memories of my Grandmother. Congratulations on your EC!
03/22/13
The farmhouse, drawing water from the well, pulling veggies from a garden, the kitchen stove, the "rickety screen door"...oh, let me stop... As I read your story, I relived my time as a child visiting my Aunt in the "country."

Great story, a well-deserved
win!!
03/22/13
I have two grandmothers who's memories were invoked while reading this delightful story. The cucumber salad, the lack of running water in the house, the hot house without the air conditioning, the wood stove in the corner, the time shared between grandmother and granddaughter, even if the time was spent in working together.

Beautiful memories for me were brought to mind as I read this.

Thank you for the details in this story that brought it alive for many of us in relationship to our grandmothers.
03/23/13
Your story engendered a fabulous recollection of our families owns special cucumber salad recipe. Your descriptions were so sharp, so distinct, I was in the farmhouse kitchen with you both. Great job writing this piece and congratulations on your win!