The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 671 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/12
I found this to be clever in all aspects. The story itself, the descriptive analogies...and the message it so clearly conveyed. In fact, a stroke of genius. Nice job! Thank you.

God bless~
07/21/12
Thank you so much CD for your comments! It's great when not only does God give us lessons in our everyday tasks but some we can laugh about (later on of course)!
07/24/12
This was great. I love your writing style and the sarcastic humor you sprinkled in this piece.

I have a few nit picky things on punctuation to point out.

When specifying a name as in "my husband, Craig," you need a comma before and after the name.

You need a hyphen when writing out numbers like thirty-four.

When combining two or more words to form a compound adjective, put hyphens between these words. Example: four-foot by two-foot area

I have to say I was a little confused by the paragraph about the hefty giant devouring the toaster, etc. I thought you were referring to the husband, but obviously speaking metaphorically or something. Upon reading that paragraph again, it appears you meant the garbage bag. I think that point could have been made more clear, but maybe it was just me. I do love the description you used in that humorous paragraph. ;)

Anyway, this is a very nicely written story that made me smile. I'm guessing it will place well.
Wow what a prolific piece! I'm sure many different people will see different messages in this piece. I felt like you maybe have been spying on me in my kitchen that is messier than I want to admit because I've been sick longer than I want to admit and using excuses more often than I want to admit. You had me giggling out loud and I could so relate to this story. Life is like contact paper and Thank God for our Hefty Stranger who can bear all of our messy burdens. This is one of my favorites this week.
Congratulations for placing 7th in level 2!