The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 624 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can just see this happening, hear the desperation, sympathise with the MC about to lose all her worldly goods - very well written. God bless you.
04/28/12
Oh my gosh - my heart ached reading this entry. So many tornadoes as of late in the news, and so many lives lost. Although losing a home can be devastating, it doesn't come close, or even in the near vicinity of losing a loved one or ones life in the fiendish funnel.

Powerful ending to bring home a very important message...Great job.

God Bless~

A chilling tale. It reminded me of the story of Lot's wife. It is easy to keep our focus on material things, even to our own destruction or the destruction of those around us.
A chilling tale. It reminded me of the story of Lot's wife. It is easy to keep our focus on material things, even to our own destruction or the destruction of those around us.
This left me with tears in my eyes. You did a great job of grabbing me and pulling me into the story right away. The ending was brilliant so many people like to tie stories up in a neat little bow. But life doesn't always work out. Your story has an even greater impact because the MC died. It's a valuable lesson. How sad that sometimes we humans value things over our family and even ourselves.