The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 582 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/12
This was a perfect entry also! I had to chuckle, as there were a few things which my mother made which became a favorite of mine, and one of those was "burned toast" We had an old cookstove, no such thing as a toaster, and so after starting a roaring fire to cook breakfast, the stove was probably a little hot and often the toast burned and I loved it, and still long for a piece of "burned toast." Great ending, also.
Great job with this story. I had to chuckle as my sister is Monica and she is married to a Mark who loves Starbucks coffee, which I always think tastes a little burnt. The story flowed well and you wrapped it up nicely.:)
03/21/12
This was an altogether adorable read. It held my attention and it also provided a "real reminder" of what is important.

Good job. God Bless~
This is a sweet story. It made me smile. I can't make any kind of coffee even with all the gadgets out there today. The ending didn't quite feel natural. It was more like you were summarizing the story, which you didn't need to because you already did a beautiful job of getting your message across with the pictures you painted. Congratulations for placing 9th in level 2!