The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1397 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/07/11
i loved this one!!! i hope you are up on the winners board.
I never laughed so hard in my life over this entry. I truly enjoyed each sentence and the ending was fantastic. A very enjoyable read. Keep writing and with that sense of humor you will bring joy and laughter to many.
05/08/11
This is pure gold! You have an amazing writing gift, especially in one of my favourite genres - the humourous side of family life! Your descriptions are well thought out (I loved the digging through mash potatoes like a mini archaelogical dig, brilliant!) and enhance the readers' picture of the scenario. I'll be bookmarking this one to come back to many times. Really well done!
This was a delightful tale, I laughed at the first line, felt sorry for the father and his word tried.

I do have tiny red ink and I only mention it, because it is a pet peeve of mine, you said: If Mom succeeded in one thing it was getting Mark and I to do the dishes

It should be Mark and me. You wouldn't say if Mom succeeded ...getting I to do the dishes you'd say getting me to do...

Now that I'm done ranting about that little error, once again you did a great job with the characters and dialog. It was a fun read.:)
05/12/11
yay!! i agree with the judges. well done!!
05/12/11
This was indeed hilarious and delightful. Congratulations on placing #1.
05/12/11
Congratulations Sandra! I am thrilled that you won with this piece! Well done.