The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 672 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I have a box of memories and a letter written by my husband. I take it out every once in a while and read his words of love. Thank you for such a touching letter.
10/28/10
What a treasure we can leave for our children and grandchildren by taking the time to write letters to them. The power of the written word is the common denominator for all of us at FW. Great job.
10/30/10
Letters can mean so much to loved ones after a loved one dies. Very touching. Good job with the topic.
What a beautiful letter one a child would treasure for many years. It's also a great reminder to all parents today to take the time to write a hand-written letter to your child. Some may want to give the letters now. I have a journal for each of my kids where I write about daily events they might forget and an occasional letter about how they have grown. I have several books for each child. I can't wait until their wedding day or when they have their first child to share these letters with them. I haven't written recently but your story has inspired me to write them each a letter today.
10/31/10
You did a beautiful job of writing in the present tense, and your last sentence is exquisite.
11/04/10
Very good story and I could feel him there with her too. I could smell the cigar, I think.
11/04/10
Congratulations on your HC, Anastacia. Very well deserved.
Congratulations for placing Highly Commended in your level!