The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1171 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/21/09
Oh my--this is funny and poignant at the same time. The world over, mothers will be mothers, and that always bittersweet day of the empty nest, no matter when it happens, is cause for celebration AND tears.
09/21/09
Great story. I especially liked the line, "What came first, the kids or my insanity!"
09/21/09
You put together a story all moms can relate to--tears and celebrating as we send our children into the world. You left me smiling with the way your wrapped this up--because moms never outgrow the need to be needed. Fun and entertaining from start to finish.
09/22/09
This is very cute plus it explains the monumental task you had when raising your children. Very well written. Loved it!
09/25/09
Congratulations on your win!
So many can relate to the mixed emotions of an empty nester...yours was an entertaining read.
09/25/09
I don't ever want to look under my chick's bed...ugh! I loved the way the story was both bitter and sweet. Congratulations on your level placement.
09/29/09
What a great story and one we can all relate to. Congrats on your placing!
As a mother of six "chicks" I can so relate! When I cleaned out their junk...I mean possesions...I found stuff the Smithsonian Institute would have been interested in! There were things that had "petrified" in there! There definitely are joys and sorrows when they leave home.One of my greatest freedoms...I can eat ice cream anytime I want! Even before supper! And I don't have to share with anyone! Thanks for the pleasant flashbacks! Well done!