The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1369 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This has just the right balance of light-heartedness and seriousness. Well written.
07/17/09
I enjoyed this lighthearted account of your salvation and I love the way your title "The Eternal Sunner" so fits your summer of salvation.
07/18/09
good storyline. It started with lots of lovely descriptive turns of phase and I personally would have liked it to continue. The change in tempo once the MC got to camp may have been deliberate but I thought that the question and answer bit and the part that followed seemed to hurry along a bit. I expect this was due to trying to fit it into the word count. Maybe you could write a longer story as I love your writing style and I think you capture the teenage attitude well. Pity you cant use it for this weeks teenage theme.
I loved this teenage salvation story. Isn't it amazing how teenagers have that gift of the eternal summer. Very well written.
07/19/09
The title fits this piece perfectly. Well done.
07/22/09
Lovely story--I didn't realize it was actually a testimony until the last paragraph!

The voice seemed somehow older than a teen voice--explained by the last paragraph, but I wonder if it'd 'work' better without the summary at the end, and written more as a teen would speak.

Great title.
I liked how you changed the explination of the two 'yes' answers. Nicely done testimony!

"I simply said “yes” because I knew the question was nothing more than rhetorical."

"I simply said “yes” knowing that the question was anything but rhetorical."
What a great testimony from the vantage point of a teenager. They're my favorite age group anyway, so this was a particularly enjoyable read for me. Beside that, it's very well written! Kudos!
The Q and A part-lol. A very nice story. It would make a great longgger one.
07/22/09
Thank you for sharing this well-written testimony!
I didn't think roller blades were around until the 1980s. Nevertheless, you did a great job with your writing. First person is hard to do.
Simply lovely. I liked the way the rhectorical "yes" played out. Great stuff!
07/22/09
Don't you wish you would have saved this for the teen topic? Don't you hate when that happens? LOL. I like this story. Very good. I have lots of fond memories of summer church camp.
07/22/09
Gotta love those God-encounters. I like your reference to the question merely being rhetorical.
Very skilled writing! Nice segues, and an interesting story that flowed from beginning to end beautifully. The Q&A is a nice touch - makes the reader stop and think along with your MC. I enjoyed this entry.
Cat :D
07/24/09
Hi Sherrie. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, The Eternal Summer, actually did very well in the Summer Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 2, placing 6th in that Level. Well done!

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=383740

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Just a quick reminder, too, about this year’s Page Turner Contest for 500 members. If you have a novel in the works (even just the first chapter), this contest is a must to enter:
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/FaithWriters500/contest-pageturner.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)