The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1234 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this entry. Well done you brought out the meaning very well.
03/21/09
This is the sort of story that I think pastors would love to read--to realize that even when minds wander during the sermons, their words are still touching lives.

One little detail niggles at my mind: Rob seems to be a Christian also--why wasn't he at church with her? It's probably just me, but that's the way my mind works.

Sweet story, with just the right ending.
03/23/09
Very much a real-life illustration of a timeless Biblical principle with all the warts and doubts left in.
I also felt a little uneasy with Rob. Not so much in that he wasn't at church, but that for someone so central to the story we didn't get to know how he ticked. What was he thinking about that led to his apology? That said, a pleasing narrative with a great message.
03/26/09
Congratulations on your 2nd place. A very good lesson, and well written.
03/26/09
Thanks! I am thrilled to have placed in Intermediate level! I appreciate all your comments, both critical and complimentary. I promise to make the most of both! Faithwriters is a blessing to me. I love the writing and the reading of things that honor our Lord Who is always deserving.
03/27/09
Congrats on 2nd place. I read this very actively and only had two comments - both about the last paragraph...I couldn't figure out why Jan needed to open her Bible to read the Lord's prayer, but got to the last word and just thought, "Well done." Really liked this and well deserved that you placed so high.