The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 959 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This story brought a tear to my eye. Thank you Jesus for your Love.
05/23/05
Wonderful and an entertaining read!
What a sweet read. I especially liked to read about your hands; as they combed Amador's hair, as you looked at them and saw your mother's hands. If I were an artist I would choose to paint hands. This was a piece that touched a secret chord in my heart that I've had for lonely, lost and sad children. Nicely done.
05/24/05
This brought a tear to my eye also. Very beautiful!
As a single woman I could totally relate to this story. Brought a tear to my eye for many reasons. Thanks.
05/30/05
This was a really touching article. It is lovely to see a single older lady (mmm ... well, like me, actually, not really 'older' but....!) openly struggle with singleness, but choose to get on with life and make a difference! I think I especially loved this piece because I identified very strongly with it, being a single Australia woman who is very familiar with missions settings. Thanks for touching my heart, and I'm sure you've touched many others too.
05/30/05
Thanks for the great comments. I want to make a correction. I had my bro-in-law check my Spanish and he said that the verse written by Amador should read, 'Mi amor por ti es mas grande de todas las montanas.' I wrote this in honor of Tina, my sister's sister-in-law, a beautiful single lady who serves the Lord with all her heart. I love and admire her very much.
06/01/05
Hi Teresa. Just popping in very quickly to let you know that you were in the semi-finals for the Valentine Challenge and did very well. So give ourself a pat on the back - you deserve it! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)