The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1209 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/07
The prayers in this, especially, are so heartfelt. I felt like I was right there in Pastor Joe's head, praying with him.
Thanks to God, for pastors like Joe. This rang so true to me.
10/25/07
Wonderful profile of a prayer warrior.
10/27/07
This piece is filled with emotion. I could sense the main character's heart for God and for people.
10/27/07
We need more pastors (and people) like Pastor Joe. Well done. My only concern was with this phrase: "subverting of the hearers". I have a feeling you didn't really mean to use the word subvert: (1 a plot to subvert the state destabilize, unsettle, overthrow, overturn; bring down, topple, depose, oust; disrupt, wreak havoc on, sabotage, ruin, undermine, weaken, damage. 2 attempts to subvert Soviet youth corrupt, pervert, deprave, contaminate, poison, embitter.) But it's an easy fix. The rest is just great.
10/30/07
I love this so much, because I have prayed many of those same prayers on behalf of people I long to know Christ. Only God can make the change, and I wish more pastors realized that. My only slight critique was with the length of the second sentence of the opening paragraph. I tripped over it a bit, but was WAY over it before you hit your knees in prayer.

You did a fabulous job of pointing out many of the different issues with baptism, and I pray that those precious people will have their eyes opened to the Truth expressed--whoever they are.
10/30/07
This was very good. Thank you for getting into the head of a pastor and letting us hear his thoughts and prayers.
Laury
Good study of the pastor's thoughts. The prayers seemed sincere. Nicely done.
10/31/07
Very good, my only critique was the abrupt end. Somethimes nothing needs to be said. Given this pastor's heart I am sure it was not the first time his wife had seen his love for his flock.
10/31/07
Good story. I enjoyed the longer sentences for some reason. Thanks for the blessing. God bless.
10/31/07
Great characterizations of the people the Pastor cares for so deeply. A few of the sentences early on were long and I had a hard time following the thought because of it. I really loved the open, authentic prayer of the MC.
10/31/07
A pastor's heart! It would be wonderful if all preachers had a pastor's heart. That nasty word limit stopped you cold, didn't it? LOL! Nice job over all!