The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2161 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was beautifully written and brought tears to my eyes.
I have often wondered about this woman in the bible, and I feel as though this has given me a little glimpse of her life. Thankyou.
I think you did a wonderful job bringing this story to life. I could feel with the woman's pain, and then relief, through your words.
One thought for critique: in the first and second paragraphs you speak of "me" - but in the rest of the story you speak of "she". This was confusing to me - I was not sure who you meant by "me".
Keep up the good work!
Blessings,
Ben
05/12/07
Nice retelling of the story about the woman with the issue of blood. There is one on this topic in Beginners called "By Faith Made Whole." You have a very descriptiive style of writing and I especailly liked your final paragraph. Good job! :)
Lisa, I just wanted you to know that as one of the four judges this week in historical, I thought your entry was the best one in all levels, despite an easy to fix small POV problem. You truly captured the right emotion with wonderful descriptive writing.
05/17/07
Thanks for your kind words! The POV problem was actually a text transfer problem. The original Word version had those portions in italics, and once I'd submitted the piece I couldn't correct for that. Oh, well... God bless all!