The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1078 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/06
I really enjoyed this. Would like to know the "whole" story here. Good work!
12/15/06
Wow. I want more! Tell me more! I have no problem with a story with a suspensful ending, but this needs more! What you already have is great, just give us the whole story. Great job, keep up the good work!
12/16/06
I am touched by this hero's sacrifice. You've put it over so well poetically. A little mystery gives the poem its suspense and perhaps knowing more would lose it its aura.
12/17/06
A very nice poem that raises many questions. You kept my interest and made me wonder about this hero with his unseen love.
04/19/07

Very good work endeed!
FINALLY someone who understands me! (dramatic pose) "You can never lose in battle, Giantslayer!" That's what the young lads of the kingdom say to me. But they have not yet known the inner defeat that comes with lost love, which no amount of battle training can help you escape. A man must always be strong on the inside, for love's little daggers cannot be thwarted by scale mail.
I started to say this is the unsung hero...then I noticed the subject of the challenge. Right on topic!
I love poetry that makes me scratch my head a little, and you accomplished that with this piece. I like the comparisons made to warriors and dragon-slayers. Good work!
06/27/07
Just beautiful and heartfelt and lovely, Ben. So glad you've found us here at FW. I've been blessed.
Your words have touched a common thread in us all and speaks to a greater truth that makes even the most noble among us more than humbled. Great job of bringing this message couched in poetic form.