The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 807 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved it. The title drew me in and I believed your characters. So many need just a word. Thanks for yours.
08/25/06
this was very good! I enjoyed the flow of reading your entry. Very good writing!
I loved the reality of the story. I know people who would treat Elsie with the same compassion and love. Well done.
08/25/06
What a wonderful analogy, written up so beautifully! You made a very likeable character in a very short time. Excellent!
08/25/06
This was a sweet story. The title drew me into it. In fact, you could probably even elaborate more on "feeding the wood." I look forward to reading more of your work. Nice job.
08/26/06
I loved the analogy between feeding the wood and Jesus blood. Your story was written well and flowed nicely. The only nitpick I would have might be the predictability of it. The convicting conversation between Elsie and the pastor seemed too easy. Readers like conflict, maybe ending it with a touch of hope but not a full conviction (make sense?) It's tough to do in only 750 words, but making every word count is key. Your writing talent is evident. Just trying to challenge you a bit. :-) Well done!
08/30/06
Super illustration and application. Good work.