The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 867 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/15
I enjoyed this entry. Well done, and you nailed the topic perfectly!

God bless~
12/04/15
Your article was very touching, true, and well written.

Good luck in this week's contest!

God Bless.

12/05/15
It does take a mixture of people to make a world.
12/06/15
Well written. Creative use of topic. Interesting beginning to end. This one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing.
12/08/15
Ahh, this is spot on! Great analogy for stew. Thanks for sharing.
This really touched my heart. I've noticed that suddenly people my age are dying, far too young. I could relate to the feelings and emotions in this introspective piece. My only red ink is I stumbled over some sentences. A good way to spot them is ask someone to read the story aloud, if he or she stumbles, you may need to tweak that line. Everything else was great. I thought you nailed the topic in a fresh and interesting way. Your subtle sense of humor provided the perfect balance for the intense thoughts. This is a powerful piece.
12/09/15
This is a delightful piece of writing--something that I'd expect to find in a higher level, to be sure. I loved your pacing--the intentional sentence fragments that picked up the pace along with the longer sentences for variety.

This piece was also strong in imagery--not only visual imagery, but words that speak to the senses of taste and smell. And the use of the metaphor of a fruit stew to tie in to the death of your former classmate and life in general was very effective.

I don't even really have any suggestions for improvement or any 'red ink'--just an encouragement to keep writing. For example, I'd love to see you tackle fiction, or even to add dialogue and characters to your nonfiction. Well done, and carry on!
12/10/15
Very nice article. I especially love this line, "He had had just enough time so his own ragout de la vie tasted exactly how it was supposed to taste."

God's timing is perfect, even when we don't understand it.
12/10/15
Thanks for the picture you painted with your words. Life is filled with many different 'ingredients'. Your story definitely adds flavor to each of our life-stories. We don't always realize how the people we meet will form us until much later. We also affect the lives of those we encounter.
12/10/15
Thanks for the picture you painted with your words. Life is filled with many different 'ingredients'. Your story definitely adds flavor to each of our life-stories. We don't always realize how the people we meet will form us until much later. We also affect the lives of those we encounter.
12/10/15
Congrats!

God bless~
12/10/15
congrats Beckie
12/10/15
Congratulations on your well deserved EC award, Beckie. It seems like I have lost a few friends to cancer this year. I liked the imagery and pacing that you created in this piece.

Please keep writing.
12/11/15
Beckie, Congraulations on your win. This piece painted a beautiful picture of a life.
12/14/15
Love this word picture--You wrote "Bitter fruit. Sweet fruit. Tough fruit. Ripe fruit. They need to sit with each other for a while."

Pure profundity.

Congratulations!

12/16/15
Beckie - Congratulations! What more can be said. A piece that touches the heart for sure.

Like others have said - please keep writing.

God bless - Trudy
Beautifully expressed. Your heart shines here . . .