The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 593 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/10/14
I really enjoyed this piece. Well done.

God bless~
01/10/14
endum: My previous comment was meant for another entry. So sorry
******
Anyhow, I thought this piece was compelling, and moving, and a brilliant testimony to our Lord and how He can touch anyone's heart...including the Centurion Soldier.

Well done reflective piece!

God Bless~
01/10/14
Sorry again: Don't know what's going on with this system today.
That was supposed to read:
Addendum.

God bless~
Very nicely done. I liked seeing things from the Roman fellow's perspective, rather than just a random spectator. It made the narrative more personal. Thanks for sharing!
01/13/14
This is a very creative re-telling of the familiar story. I love it when stories help us to imagine what it must have been like for people who had actually been present in ancient times.

One tiny thing: the expression is "heart wrenching," not "heart retching."

This is outstanding writing, and quite unique among this week's entries.
This was a good way to turn these Bible scriptures in a personal story.

I would hope that some of those Roman citizens were able to follow the example of those thousands on Pentecost who obeyed the gospel as explained to the crowd by Peter when he first used the keys to open the Kingdom of God to all people.

Again, good use of scripture to make a story come alive.
01/15/14
This is a good piece of work. A wonderful retelling of a 2000 year old story. I think it would have been even more powerful if you show the Centurion's feelings throughout, especially his final penitence, rather than just telling about it. Make us see it in our minds. At times, this is tough for me to do also.

Keep on writing and growing with us!