The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 706 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/20/11
i like it :-) i as a child in those times :-) so a little young to get caught up in it. I love the final line as it sums it up...also the title of course is great and cathcy
05/21/11
You've presented many aspects of the topic (quite a few I hadn't considered). I really like your ending. Nice work.
05/22/11
I like the way you have used a refrain and "reframed" it multiple times. Reading this is like leafing through a photo album and then picking up your journal to record the progression you've discovered. You packed a lot of commentary in a small space. Nice!
05/24/11
I like how you've pointed out, subtlely, that while many think they're "dropping out" in some sort of rebellion, what they're really doing is conforming to this world and falling into the trap. The only true form of "dropping out" is to dropout of sin and into God's grace. Good job.
Thank you for a very interesting story about drop outs.
05/26/11
well done cheryl on 2nd place with your catchy tune of a story :-)
05/27/11
Congrats on your 2nd place win with this blast from the past reflections. The 60's is when a lot of innocence was lost, and as we continue to live in rebellion, morals and values continue to decay. Like how you summed this up with your closing sentences.
Also like Joe's comments on this entry.