The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 903 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Clever! I was not aware that the story of evil printers could hold my attention, but you did it. This story has left an "Im-print." Grrr... can't get it out of my head.
02/05/10
Very good.
Wonderful job. I loved the comparison to soldiers. I have a volatile relationship with computers, I could feel your pain. A unique POV indeed!
02/07/10
Very Clever.
02/08/10
This was very good. Clever, clever writing with a wicked sense of humour.
One minor quibble would be that I felt that your daffy duck introduction was out of place with the tone of the rest of the piece. It suggested a flippancy that didn't sit with the more sophisticated humour that followed.
But, hey, I enjoyed what you wrote
I thought you'd get first place with this one. Maybe because I can relate to the story. Had me laughing out loud!! Printers, the office demons, I say.
02/11/10
Thanks so much, everyone, for the wonderful comments. I must admit, I'm in shock. I didn't have any idea this story would place, much less win! Wow. The mention of Daffy Duck was due to my memory of those cartoons in which Daffy played a soldier. I especially liked the one where he is in charge of recycling efforts during WWII. Blessings to you all!
Congrats on your first place win! See you in Level 3
02/11/10
This was highly entertaining and humorous. I loved the Daffy Duck quote (cause I quote cartoons often myself ;) )and the comparison to printers as enemies of war was genius. Oh how often I have fought the battle with diobolical printers!

Congrats on your win! It's well-deserved.
02/11/10
Unique and entertaining - congratulations!
02/16/10
Very well written, and most captivating. I can easily see why you won first in your level. Congratulations!

Thank you by the way for your kind words about my "Ohhh..." entry.
congratulations on your win. You deserved it for such creative and descriptive writing.